Help! I don’t know anything about my tortoise

JasmineNovo

Location (City and/or State)
Dubai
I got Novo from my friend who didn’t know what to do with him since she has cat. She doesn’t know his breed or if it’s he at all..

Can anyone help me if they know how to tell apart what type of tortoise he is to take better care of him? he is living in small house right now so I want to buy a bigger box for him and give right food but I don’t know if it’s type makes any difference

Attachments

• 3F53B585-2F61-4191-A3DD-6314EB406002.jpeg
    3F53B585-2F61-4191-A3DD-6314EB406002.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

jsheffield - In Memoriam

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I don't live with any, but I think it's a Hermann's Tortoise... here's the sub-forum for them:

Here's a great general guide for carrying for any temperate tortoise, which yours is:

Read and ask questions... Welcome to TFO!

Jamie

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
YOu're not the first person who "suddenly" found themselves with a tortoise and definteily won't be the last, LOL.

In addition to the above, here's a good starter sheet:

JasmineNovo

Dubai
Thank you. I am taking him to vet tomorrow becuase I am worried. He didnt come out of his shell at all since yesterday. I am not sure if he was sleeping, I know that they tend to be a bit lazy but he was making weird noise like sneezing. I wanted to make sure that he is okay.. i will keep this as a log for me to keep track of it.

August - 8 vet check up