help! i dont know what is on my babys tummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area
blastoise91 said:
My table has a little mold already. Hasnt even been moist but one time...been a week and mold under the humidifier...im going semi insane and stressing out to the max..seems like no matter what i do theres never any progress and issues for me..

And under the water bowl...never been any water in the bowl while in the table..

Hello,

Maybe clean out the table...line it with plastic and the fill it again..maybe there is some sort of bacteria in the wood...IMO

Regards,
Jojo

blastoise91

5 Year Member
NV
Table is lined with an old pool and walls with painters plastic. I have a soil mix. Im thinking maybe theres something organic for the mold to feed off of possibly in the soil. Im going to have to upgrade i suppose. Just so much stress. I know he cant be where he is for much longer without having it affect his long term health and every step i make i have complications and setbacks it seems.

Appreciate it. I didnt know that were possible. I always appreciate new info.

Is it ok to just take out mold and surrounding inch on so? Or should i completely remove everything and sterlize the table with some sort of chem solution?? :/

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
that's too bad that the vendor chose to sell babies that still had yolk sac exposed.

blastoise91

5 Year Member
NV
If u see thw pics...its very dry and very scab like when he had it. I may have figured it out if it wasnt in the condition it was but hes fine now :) healthy eating pooping. Not too actice cause of confined spaces righr now but he is thriving. Shame in the vendor most definely though. People running stand didnt know a thing. Was just teens with tattoos. Oh how i love "idk" answers from people with hundreds of reptiles around them. Lllreptile should be used with causion. No experienced workers and only want their money obviously with the condition of such a youngster. Thank god i got him wen i did. Who know what fate would have come to him. Luckly there was only maybe 5 babies on their stand of assorted reptiles cramped and stacked in tiny see through containers.. so sad. Some so bad any movement bowed the container because they were so cramped. Saw even 2 one foot long tort smashed in containers on top of one another and the one on bottom was supporting the top on on his back cause it was so tight :( made me so sad.

blastoise91

5 Year Member
NV
As of this morning i weighed blastoise for the first time 37grams. How does that sound for a 2inch tort?

Status
Not open for further replies.