Help!! I think coco is sick! ???

Crystallynda

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas
Yep, I actually had to learn a lot in 3 nights!
Funny story..I was actually given this tortoise by a friend who couldn’t keep him anymore!! I always wanted one! Didn’t think I would get one in this day In age though haha!! Talk about dedication!! Once I ended finding out he was in all the wrong..my heart sank! I didn’t have his lights so i
Used my body heat to keep him warm till and had the house at his temperatures on purpose just for him!!?

Jannra

Canadian Prairie
Yep, I actually had to learn a lot in 3 nights!
Funny story..I was actually given this tortoise by a friend who couldn’t keep him anymore!! I always wanted one! Didn’t think I would get one in this day In age though haha!! Talk about dedication!! Once I ended finding out he was in all the wrong..my heart sank! I didn’t have his lights so i
Used my body heat to keep him warm till and had the house at his temperatures on purpose just for him!!?
Wow that's a lot of work. It's so much easier when you spend a lot of time being prepared beforehand.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Wow that's a lot of work. It's so much easier when you spend a lot of time being prepared beforehand.
I know, that’s what I heard! But when you are only given a day..you either take him or leave him!! I am a animal lover, I couldn’t leave him!!
I honestly took a leap of faith!!
Luckily for for us coco is still very little so he can live inside and get UVB during the day till we can get a yard for him!! ☺️

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Hello guys it’s me again, crystal

cocos mommy ??

just wanted to update on this precious child of mine jaja

he’s growing nicely and has been getting more outside stays now due to the weather! He is doing amazing!
just wanted to update on lighting

due to space he was moved to my moms house “there’s dogs so living in the yard is still up in the air till his enclosure is built out” what is recommended for me to do for now? His basking light burnt out and I’m trying not to stress of that..but the recommended light I couldn’t get so I had to get an alternative that obviously wasn’t good either so I actually ended up getting a regular none UVB for an exotic pets store..

anything from here on out is greatly appreciated!! ??

Attachments

• 58FE728D-5BC5-42DB-91AB-ABD2BDB2F71E.jpeg
    58FE728D-5BC5-42DB-91AB-ABD2BDB2F71E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 25

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hello guys it’s me again, crystal

cocos mommy ??

just wanted to update on this precious child of mine jaja

he’s growing nicely and has been getting more outside stays now due to the weather! He is doing amazing!
just wanted to update on lighting

due to space he was moved to my moms house “there’s dogs so living in the yard is still up in the air till his enclosure is built out” what is recommended for me to do for now? His basking light burnt out and I’m trying not to stress of that..but the recommended light I couldn’t get so I had to get an alternative that obviously wasn’t good either so I actually ended up getting a regular none UVB for an exotic pets store..

anything from here on out is greatly appreciated!! ??

What is he in in the photo? Are you saying he can't get sun and you can't afford a bulb?

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Oh I can afford the bulb just, I am just asking for recommendations on what one to get because the one I got before burnt out to quickly! Just wanted recommendations until I put him outside in a big enough outside tortoise table! ?

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Update

made him a chicken wire lid ??

Attachments

• 4781E162-B29D-43C0-AF2C-135944A5C2DB.jpeg
    4781E162-B29D-43C0-AF2C-135944A5C2DB.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11