help in des designing hatchling grow out display case

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperdrake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
hello guys, im here wondering what is the minimum square footage for a clutch of 10 redfoots? imthinking of making a 6 shelf cabbinet, with 4 shelf being 24"L 12"D 10"D
and 2 shelf being 48"L 12"D 10"H will this dimensions work asuming i get 10 hatchling per clutch 3 times a year will this be able to keep 30 hatchlings.

PS. im not really going to have 30 hatchlings in there just assuming the worst case possible

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Viperdrake:

Did you ever tell us what you'd like us to call you?

In the beginning, hatchlings don't need much space because all they do is sleep, sleep, hide, sleep and maybe eat. I have seen a few hundred baby sulcatas in a cattle trough. It was pretty ugly. I would say that you could get by with the largest plastic bin you can find, and then if you still have them all in a month or so, maybe a 4/5 shelf book case would be an ok size.

viperdrake

5 Year Member
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Hello emysemys!
thanks for the reply and thats good to know about hatchling i just wanted something pretty for the eyes of the wife haha and comfortable for the hatchlings

and to what may all of you call me.... well dunno lol my online friends usually call me Viper, so i guess viper it it :p

emysemys said:
Hi Viperdrake:

Did you ever tell us what you'd like us to call you?

In the beginning, hatchlings don't need much space because all they do is sleep, sleep, hide, sleep and maybe eat. I have seen a few hundred baby sulcatas in a cattle trough. It was pretty ugly. I would say that you could get by with the largest plastic bin you can find, and then if you still have them all in a month or so, maybe a 4/5 shelf book case would be an ok size.

Status
Not open for further replies.