HELP IN WINTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffstort

5 Year Member
So my Russian Walter is very active and loves walking around. But my problem comes during winter what can I make for him to just get out of his enclosure. I have a rough idea of building a good sized thing in my basement for him but what and my basement has a concrete floor so what could I do for a substrate.

PLEASE HELP A KIND RUSSIAN MAY BE INTRODUCED TO A EXTREMELY HIGH AMOUNT OF BORED WITHOUT YOU HELP

so as I said just a Idea or a rough sketch would help alot and thank you for reading

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
First, where in the world are you? The advice for a member in CA would be different for a member in a cold part of the UK.

If you live where the winters are cold and snowy then how about a tote train? Let me explain. You could get a bunch of the rubbermaid tote's people use for enclosures. Connect a couple of them together making a long enclosure that circles the basement. Some of the totes could have heat lamps with warm basking spots. Other totes could have plants, food or water. It's off the concrete floor and you can add any substrate you want. It's cheap, easy and creative.

You could build a very big enclosure in the basement. Lay a tarp on the floor with substrate on it and use some 8ft long 2x12's nailed together to make a box frame.

If you live where the winters have warm days then a nice large outdoor habitat is best.

The more details you give, the more help you can get :D

jeffstort

5 Year Member
I live in Illinois where it gets really cold and I think a tote train would work just perfectly thank you for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.