Help - Indian star - 4 month old not eating

ysanchihar

Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco
Hi folks

I am new to this forum and a new parent of a 4 month old Indian star baby. I got him 2 days ago and tried to feed him all the greens like cilantro , spinach , lettuce etc but he doesn't eat. I live in San Francisco Bay area. I try to keep him in warm temp - 70F+. Also , I soak him daily. Any help appreciated.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Hi folks

I am new to this forum and a new parent of a 4 month old Indian star baby. I got him 2 days ago and tried to feed him all the greens like cilantro , spinach , lettuce etc but he doesn't eat. I live in San Francisco Bay area. I try to keep him in warm temp - 70F+. Also , I soak him daily. Any help appreciated.

Some tortoises take a couple of weeks until they begin to eat, although it's not the norm it does happen. Some suggestions would be to keep it warmer, keep it at 80F+ day and night, basking around 95F. I don't feed my stars cilantro or spinach at all, reach out to the breeder and ask what he was feeding this tortoise. Most tortoises love mazuri tortoise diet, soak it until its mushy and give some to him.

What humidity is your enclosure at? and what does your enclosure look like? Post some pictures of the tortoise and its enclosure for more suggestions.

Bee62

Germany
Hi folks

Hello and welcome to the forum. Can you please show us pics of your tort and the enclosure ?
70 F is way too cold for a baby. When he is too cold he is unable to digest his food and won`t eat.
Can you show us your lightnings and heat bulbs too ? What night temps are in the enclosure ?
We only can help you when you help us to find out what could be wrong.