Help is he sick? :( baby sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBoyze

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
Yeah it's nobody's fault the shipping got delayed but I mean, don't close the lid on the tupperwear container, maybe put some food in there and maybe a heat pack would be nice. For the first day anyways. I know I wi never have a tort shipped again, we all learn from mistakes. I used red pepper because a lot of people said red makes them want to eat, and well still no appetite :( but I put new food in his home constantly so maybe he's sneaking a bite here and there without me seeing. I just had my tonsils out so since the day I got him we have been recovering and sleeping together haha.
He is awesome, I LOVE him. So cute and everyone I know is in love with his quirkiness too. I swear he gives me facial expressions haha!
He still sleeps a lot but he does move around now.
He peed on me yesterday so that's a good sign I guess... And he's been drinking water so I'm happy. I might try putting baby food in his water like some people said.
Maybe he's too stressed from the move to eat? He really doesn't look stressed...
Sleeps all sprawled out like a lazy dog or something haha.
And his dry eyes are getting better too thanks to the local reptile vet here in maple ridge BC.
:) I really appreciate the help and I love this site :)ImageUploadedByTortForum1372534665.822161.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1372534685.023469.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1372534703.769147.jpg

Proud New Mommy of a Baby Sulcata <3
Msg Me to help Name Him :)

I went with the name sully (lame I know) because he's a sulcata and because I got him the day after getting my tonsils out and because my boyfriend took me to see monsters inc university and it sold me on the name haha ( I've changed my signature but it won't change on my posts!)ImageUploadedByTortForum1372534937.215382.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1372534983.908216.jpg
This house is one of 3 and is his favorite. Compliments of my boyfriend haha! Hard to believe his dad designs houses...

Last edited by a moderator:

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I'd get him off that sand substrate ASAP since it could be he ate some and is obstructed if he's refusing to eat.

TBoyze

5 Year Member
Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
I really don't think that's the case, he's just never had interest in food yet. And most of his home has bark chips and dirt

TBoyze

5 Year Member
Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
Finally eating! Woohoo! ImageUploadedByTortForum1373223415.846902.jpg
Officially in the clear :)
He's all better now. Thanks for everyone's help!!

New Mommy of a Baby Sulcata [TURTLE] :D

Last edited by a moderator:

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
Hi.
I would also get rid of the sand,he will get it in his eye and in its food...not good

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.