Help! I've Inherited a Tortoise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
What a good grandson you are for caring for grandma's beloved tortoise. Do you have an idea of what is growing in your grandmother's yard that Matilda is already eating? She is so healthy she must be getting some other good things besides just the lettuce treat.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
As for the warm bath, I will try that tomorrow. Should I put it out and let her climb in, or pick her up and place her down in the dish?

I would provide a large enough shallow soaker for her to soak and drink from on her own so she can partake when she needs to (a larger planter bottom/saucer)...you will know right away if she was soaked or not by your grandmother...lol....if she fights the soaking TOO much---I would turn a sprinkler on when she is out and let her see it, if she approaches it she will likely drink from it and this is very normal for them......

for a water hole.. you can bury a large flower pot base,water catcher or a plastic garbage can lid. make is ground level so she can walk in and out.

Laura has some great ideas here :D

Oh yeah, so glad you are going to keep her....

Rockford

5 Year Member
Welcome. Sorry to hear about your Grandmother, but you have a great tort. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.