HELP! i've lost my hermann tortoise

joa

Location (City and/or State)
stroud
We left our 3 year old hermann tortoise in his run with his companion and we didn't realise there was a small hole in the run luckily only he got out but we have searched the garden a far few times and we have also checked the neighbours garden a few times too and so far no luck we have also watered our garden and our next door neighbours garden to see if he would come out into the sun but we still haven't found him yet so we were wondering if there was something else we could try. Cant see where he would have gone otherwise. Could he have got down concrete steps?

Thanks so much!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
First thing in the morning check along the fenceline where the sun first hits.

joa

stroud
No luck we checked all along the fence and we have been out watching the garden for a bit but nothing yet :(

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
You need to crawl around on your hands and knees so you have the same view as your tort...then look for slight trails in the grass or a small hole blocked by grass in the fence... Whatever you do, giving up cannot be a part...keep looking, post fliers and tell people...good luck

joa

stroud
still no luck,but thank you for being so nice and helpful, our neighbours that have kids down the lane were calling his name down the lane the other day, we are keeping our fingers crossed we will find him soon.

joa

stroud
no he is not :( we didn't know you could microchip a tort

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
no he is not :( we didn't know you could microchip a tort
I had my big Sulcata chipped...it takes the Vet just a second...well, not for a 100 lb Sulcata who wanted to walk around the office with the Vet, syringe in hand, chasing him...anyway, he was chipped in the soft skin behind his neck...I think now they are placing the chip in a different spot. But...I've always wondered who would find a tortoise and check to see if it was chipped??? Not many...