Help lost Russian tortoise near Holland Michigan

connor12019

5 Year Member
Please help my russian tortoise has gone missing, there was a small opening in his cage and i left him outside over the night while i was gone (i usually take him inside at night time because his cage wasn't quite ready for him to go outside). Were should i look for him, there is also a small stream and big river near by, his cage was right next to my shed that's were he escaped so i am very worried he's under the shed and is stuck!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry to hear this. Check under everything. Feel into deep grass and weeds. It's amazing how you can miss seeing them if you just look, so feel. Be sure to check every morning too when the sun has come out, he will want to bask.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Leave his favourite foods around in case he pops out for a bite.
Hope you find him soon

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Any sign of him yet?

connor12019

5 Year Member
no not yet i'm very sad, i don't really know what his favorite food would be, but i think he's making his way to the near by stream

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Don't give up. A girl here in my town lost hers for two months. Continue to canvas the neighborhood and look everywhere you can. Remember that they love to dig and climb.

connor12019

5 Year Member
the big problem is i'm worried he's going to go to the road that has a lot of traffic especially semi trucks i'm so worried he's going to try and cross it! and when people in my town see a turtle (or something like it) will try and run it over! and there is a severe storm coming

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
the big problem is i'm worried he's going to go to the road that has a lot of traffic especially semi trucks i'm so worried he's going to try and cross it! and when people in my town see a turtle (or something like it) will try and run it over! and there is a severe storm coming
I don't understand people like that, I would love to set them out in the middle of the road and let cars try to hit them and see how it feels. Oops probably shouldn't of said that oh well. Keep looking. Sometimes if the sun is shining and the day starts to warm up just sit somewhere quietly with binoculars if you have to, and see if you spot him coming out to catch some sun. Put out some good stuff like Romain lettuce or a carrot or two and see if he comes out don't give up hope yet.

connor12019

5 Year Member
ok thank you! i just can't get why people would do stuff like that, they're innocent animal/reptiles that don't know that they shouldn't go on the road

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Thank you everyone for the suggestions! My neighbor found my tortoise and he was on the road luckily he found him because there was a car coming thanks everybody!
Happy ending!
Hurrah.
They are real escape artists so double your security!
Glad you got him back safely.