Help making sense of my lost tortoise

stiglitz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seattle, Washington
Here are some photos for relativity and scale. The thing on the right side of the photo is the garden bed that we put there for shade
807EEE9E-5744-4011-AA07-1F579F4D39D2.jpeg
ABF45965-A806-494D-9666-C386DED1A296.jpeg

Anyways, we have 3 friends here today helping us search to cover more ground. We’re going to be doing some major digging wherever we can. We’ve handed out flyers to the people we know in the neighborhood, and posted them around as well. I’m going to be taking off 2 hours every morning during the work week to look for him during sunrise. And my wife is taking entire days off. Fingers crossed. We only have a month and a half (maybe less) until we get a lot of rain and temps drop….

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Here are some photos for relativity and scale. The thing on the right side of the photo is the garden bed that we put there for shade
View attachment 349258
View attachment 349259

Anyways, we have 3 friends here today helping us search to cover more ground. We’re going to be doing some major digging wherever we can. We’ve handed out flyers to the people we know in the neighborhood, and posted them around as well. I’m going to be taking off 2 hours every morning during the work week to look for him during sunrise. And my wife is taking entire days off. Fingers crossed. We only have a month and a half (maybe less) until we get a lot of rain and temps drop….
I bet he's buried...when you are looking for him, do it on your hands and knees..."tortoise view."..seriously, it makes a difference...100_2918.JPG

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I hope you find him. Good luck. Please keep us posted.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Any luck yet?
If not try putting some nice smelling food like cucumber or strawberries out - not recommended for a good diet usually but may entice him back into view.
Make sure you leave water trays around your yard - they can go longer without food than water.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I really hope you get your little guy back. you obviously put a LOT into giving him a good home!

I have never had one and am no turtle expert but I would suggest a hard look at two current joints, one in your cinder block @6" and the other in the adjacent wood, both will provide handholds for a box turtle....a Herman seems much stronger and my guess is able to use them to escape.

A Herman escape story, again.....over and over the Herman's seems to be the best at "rehoming" themselves!

If you don't want them to get out......think how YOU would escape.....

Good luck and post up if you find him or not.....you have a ready made home!