help me identify this tortoise????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtf tortoise

5 Year Member
i found this tortoise on the road this afternoon i dont know what it is??? can yall tell me heres some pictures

kjbweufbgiyegfy3efiu3fuh.jpg

towsdoiufbiwudbfhegfywefg.jpg

pretty sure he is a descendant of michael angelo the greatest ninga turtle ever lemm know i need to know how to properly care for my lil guy i want him to be my life long companion :D :D

tootles!!!!!!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
It looks like an Eastern mud turtle, Kinosternon subrubrum subrubrum to me. :)

Danny

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Welcome to the group!

If this is a wild turtle, please put it back near where you found it, in a safe location. If it is not native to your area, you need to try and find the owner by placing up fliers, Craig's List ad, call the animal shelter, etc. Only after you couldn't find an owner if it isn't a wild turtle would it be fair to call it your own.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just in case you didn't know already, a mud turtle is a water turtle. If they are native to your state, you can find a body of water close to where you picked her up and put her back into the wild. If she's a non-native, you need to find her owner. If that all fails, then she needs a nice body of water, with a sloping bank where she can just walk up to the top of the water to breathe. Mud turtles can swim, but they do better if they don't have to swim...just walk along the bottom and up the side to breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.