Help me im new :)

Location (City and/or State)
Naxxar
I am going to buy 2x Greek Land Tortoise sooner today Male & Female what I need to set for them? and how can I breed them later? thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Read through the Greek section under the different species section. If they are hatchlings, then they can not be 100% sexed yet. You will need a large enclosure for the two of them. Then you need to watch closely for bullying and if it happens, you will need to make two enclosures. They need a basking light, a Mercury Vapor bulb works very good for this. It throws off light, heat and UVB. They will also need a CHE, ceramic heat emitter for night time heat. A large plant saucer for water, a couple hides, dirt or coconut coir for substrate, just to mention a few things. You should read up on them before purchasing. Btw a group of one male and two females do better then a pair.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
May I ask why you want to breed your Greeks ? Do you have a store that wants all you can get or do you needs bunch of Greeks for a project ? Just noisey sorry :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! Is there a reason your getting two?