Help me make a happier home....

Status
Not open for further replies.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
desertsss said:
Also, I think I am going to get one of those wrap around backgrounds.

This is so cool though. They haven't stopped wandering around for almost 2.5 hours since I changed their home. I think they're lovin it.
YAY!!!

I can find out what type if landscaping your torts is from and have a wrap around made for you. Just measure the sides and back of the tank. When my friend made mine he had to put it on a thumb drive, it was almost 60 Megs. When I took it to Kinko’s they charged me a little over $50.00 for the vinyl background. But it sure helps keep the tank warmer inside.

desertsss

5 Year Member
I can find out what type if landscaping your torts is from and have a wrap around made for you. Just measure the sides and back of the tank. When my friend made mine he had to put it on a thumb drive, it was almost 60 Megs. When I took it to Kinko’s they charged me a little over $50.00 for the vinyl background. But it sure helps keep the tank warmer inside.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, 50 is a little high for me right now. I have been out of work for about two weeks because of my back. (I tried to pick up my husbands 400 lb motorcycle by myself when it fell over) Yah, stupid idea. But I do know that at Petsmart and Petco they have the general desert backgrounds. That should do for now. But I definitely think that when I upgrade them to a bigger home I will get the vinyl done to help them stay a little warmer. Right now I would say they are too warm. lol
Thanks for the offer though. I appreciate it.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
desertsss said:
Thanks for the offer though. I appreciate it.

Well if you change your mind let me know, I have a few friends who owe me a favor, I could get one to do the graphics and might even have him print it at work for nothing, I could just mail it to you.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
desertsss, when you are ready to upgrade their home I would suggest you thing about a tort table. They are much easier to create micro-climates in And I found easier to maintain than an aquarium. Plus you have the added pleasure of solid sides. Check out the Enclosure sections for some ideas for the future.
Sorry your back is out of sorts I know that is no fun, been there done that only it was me picking up a ink pen. How dumb is that, who would have thought an ink pen could be hazardous to your health. Yep at 115 it sounds as if you need a smaller bulb. If it is a white bulb you need to change it to red or black light for nighttime. They should have a nighttime drop in temps. Hatchlings do best when kept in a temperature gradient of 75-90° F (24-32° C) during the day falling to 70-75° F (21-23° C) at night. this is a good site for DT care.
http://www.tortoise.org/general/descare.html

Status
Not open for further replies.