HELP My new female is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius25

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
France
He doesn't seems to be worry about my other tortoise.
It's because of her precedent maintenance and also to the eggs organ problem.
It's not viral.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The translation seems to have come through well. That's too bad, I hope the seller will be able to do something for you since it sounds like these issues existed before she was in your care.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Julius25 said:
He doesn't seems to be worry about my other tortoise.
It's because of her precedent maintenance and also to the eggs organ problem.
It's not viral.

Good news. So glad you don't have to worry about your other two tortoises health.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Wow, I'm glad you were able to find out, So there will be no guilty feelings on your part. I think that the person you bought her from should refund all of your money. She was already dieing when you got her. There's no way you could've known.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow. That's just awful. If she was eating and otherwise acting normal, there's no way the previous owner would have known she was ill. However, I still feel they should refund your money. You ended up with a dead tortoise, plenty of heartbreak and a vet bill to boot.

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
I was to the vet after my work to get the result of autospy paper and talk a few minutes with him.
It was effectivly impossible for the seller to suspect this and i know him a little he is also a big passionnate.
I will call and mail him the paper to let him know precisly what's happened and we'll see...

For my part, i took a shock and i think to eventually stop pardalis and try a another specie to discover other horizon.
I'm in full reflexion about what conclusion take after this experience.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, Julius, try to not take it too hard. This was something that could have happened to anyone and you had no way of knowing or of helping the tortoise. I doubt it was a "leopard thing." It might have happened to any type of tortoise. Did the vet have any suggestions as to how this tortoise came to be infected?

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
the organ sexual was full of folicule and the empty one were infected too.
It cause very big fatig for her and her organism and so the liver get infected too and the immunitary system take a shock too.
Finally with her organism tired she gets infection of the "peritoine" (membran around the abominal zone' organs) adn she died.
It was like if she was barril of powder and the stress moment of change was fire...
I know it's not a leopard thing but it took 7 month for me to find a female and has you know i had the luck to get her from the same countrie and ecotype of my male, it was for me a real chance to try to make the species (in french "la souche" because i can't translate this word) conservation.
And actually i don't feel envy to start all the searching work again and it's no good to keep a so nice male without reproducing him.
So i think i could sell my couple with my male high yellow and my smallest female i will try to post some announce on some site and will see.
If they are sell quickly i start with other species and if they are not it will be a sign that i must keep them.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Julius25 said:
the organ sexual was full of folicule and the empty one were infected too.
It cause very big fatig for her and her organism and so the liver get infected too and the immunitary system take a shock too.
Finally with her organism tired she gets infection of the "peritoine" (membran around the abominal zone' organs) adn she died.
It was like if she was barril of powder and the stress moment of change was fire...
I know it's not a leopard thing but it took 7 month for me to find a female and has you know i had the luck to get her from the same countrie and ecotype of my male, it was for me a real chance to try to make the species (in french "la souche" because i can't translate this word) conservation.
And actually i don't feel envy to start all the searching work again and it's no good to keep a so nice male without reproducing him.
So i think i could sell my couple with my male high yellow and my smallest female i will try to post some announce on some site and will see.
If they are sell quickly i start with other species and if they are not it will be a sign that i must keep them.

Wow, I am so sorry to hear this. You must be heartbroken. Very sad.

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
now that i have all the info and the reason i feel better; the principal sad is for the loose of her because even if she was at home since 1 week i really loved her but i loose a long time of searching and some money in this story too.
Really bad experience.

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
Really ? male are harder to find in US ?
in france adult female are very researched and hard to find.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It is extremely difficult to find good breeder males of both types of leopards in the US.

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
I'll send you him :)
I'm sure he will be great ;)
i don't think it will be easy for me to sell them in europe.
But i will see....

and sell him to US is very expensive and must be hard with sanitary paper i think.

How much cost a adult male in US ? because in france it's not very expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.