Help! My tort was only fed chow now he doesn't want anything else

Hello. Update and question. I've got my tort to eating mazuri once a week! Yay! The question is, I found him eating a wild mushroom that I had no idea was growing in his enclosure and want to know if it's harmful to him. Now that I'm aware it's growing in our yard I'm careful to get them out of his enclosure as soon as I see them. But just in case I would like to know. Thanks so much.

Attachments

• IMG_3556.JPG
    IMG_3556.JPG
    891.9 KB · Views: 19

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hello. Update and question. I've got my tort to eating mazuri once a week! Yay! The question is, I found him eating a wild mushroom that I had no idea was growing in his enclosure and want to know if it's harmful to him. Now that I'm aware it's growing in our yard I'm careful to get them out of his enclosure as soon as I see them. But just in case I would like to know. Thanks so much.

I think your tortoise will be fine. I have always let mine eat wild mushrooms when they find them and haven't had a problem from them doing so in over 50 years.

zovick

10 Year Member!
What is the meaning of Tortoise Chow?

Most people would interpret that to mean Mazuri Tortoise Diet or something similar.

The tortoise who is the subject of this thread is pictured with moistened original Mazuri Tortoise Diet all around its face in post #1. Some of it can be seen at the very bottom of that photo in a bowl, too. In post #4 there is a picture of a tortoise in a bowl with some of the moistened Mazuri Diet.