Help: My tortoise is bending her neck back

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Thank you so much I felt so helpless because she kept looking up at me and she really tried scooting her body towards me by yesterday time she lost her ability to walk and move her arms she got worst so fast I had an urgent care appointment for her tomorrow and have to let them know. I don't know what she could have choked on? but totally possible

omg? I am sooooooo sorry....! ?

bobby8330

Delhi
Hi can someone tell me what is going on with my Russian Tort Lele. She is bending her neck all the way back, opening and closing her mouth rabidly. I try to put food in front of her and she won't eat though she is moving her mouth like she is hungry. I see no discharge from her nose her eyes are a little glossy and her eyes look sad to me ? I have no idea what to do. And she is sitting with her head in an up position I attached a photo of her right now

View attachment 301839
Heyy this exactly same thing is happening to my turtle I'm reasearching upon it it is happening from today morning and she was lied upisde down in the morning and her neck was all turned back I tried to warm her and she started behaving a little normal but now it's her third time what should I do

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Heyy this exactly same thing is happening to my turtle I'm reasearching upon it it is happening from today morning and she was lied upisde down in the morning and her neck was all turned back I tried to warm her and she started behaving a little normal but now it's her third time what should I do
Can you get her to a vet asap???

@Yvonne G
@Tom
@zovick
@Maggie3fan
@

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Could she be choking?
Try rubbing her neck at the point where it meets the shell. Like you are trying to dislodge whatever is in there.
Rub her neck back and forth to see if it changes things.????
I feel so helpless!
Don’t worry I’ve called on the experts
They will be here shortly.
🙏♥️🙏♥️🙏♥️🙏

zovick

10 Year Member!
What kind of turtle or tortoise do you have? Can you post pictures of the animal so we can see what is happening?

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Hi can someone tell me what is going on with my Russian Tort Lele. She is bending her neck all the way back, opening and closing her mouth rabidly. I try to put food in front of her and she won't eat though she is moving her mouth like she is hungry. I see no discharge from her nose her eyes are a little glossy and her eyes look sad to me ? I have no idea what to do. And she is sitting with her head in an up position I attached a photo of her right now

View attachment 301839
I’m so sorry for your loss, but can you also post photos of your setup? We can see another tortoise in the photo so need that info to help her or him not suffer the same fate.

ignore the pet store , they are rubbish on info for how to properly care for a tortoise