HELP, Need info asap on incubating pancake eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle crazy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NM
I wasnt expecting my pancakes to lay eggs and surprise. I need to know the best temperature for incubating eggs. I also need humidity and substrate information. thought I would use vermiculite. I figure that I can keep the egg at warm 80degree room temp for one day to get an incubator set up and stabilized. Please any info I can get would be appreciated, today if possible. Laura

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Hi Laura,
Vermiculite as an incubation substrate is just fine (just make sure it's dry). Letting the egg sit at room temperature is fine until you can get the incubator set-up. You'll need about 24 hours to get the incubator at a stable temperature.
You want to incubate at 86 to 88F and 70% humidity. Have the egg in a small container with vermiculite and than put in the incubator. To get the humidity use a wide shallow container to put the water in and than put in the incubator.
Your egg will than take anywhere from a month to 3 months to start to develop. Once it starts to develop it usually takes 90 days after that to hatch, so your talking 4 to 6 months in the incubator. :D

Danny

turtle crazy

5 Year Member
NM
egyptiandan said:
Hi Laura,
Vermiculite as an incubation substrate is just fine (just make sure it's dry). Letting the egg sit at room temperature is fine until you can get the incubator set-up. You'll need about 24 hours to get the incubator at a stable temperature.
You want to incubate at 86 to 88F and 70% humidity. Have the egg in a small container with vermiculite and than put in the incubator. To get the humidity use a wide shallow container to put the water in and than put in the incubator.
Your egg will than take anywhere from a month to 3 months to start to develop. Once it starts to develop it usually takes 90 days after that to hatch, so your talking 4 to 6 months in the incubator. :D

Danny

turtle crazy said:
egyptiandan said:
Hi Laura,

Danny

Dan Thank You for your quick answer. Thats about what I figured. At least I already have an incubator. Is it accurate that I can possibly expect another egg in 4 to 6 weeks? Should I try to candle egg in a while? I know not to turn it. I have marked the top with a pencil. It really was a big surprise that she layed an egg. Thanks again. Laura

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
It is possible that she'll lay another clutch in 4 to 6 weeks. You can candle the egg after a month, than after 2 months, than every week after that. :D

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.