Help, need reviews/ advice re. Portable/USB heat pad for travel

CrunchyBrother

Location (City and/or State)
Bellingham
Hi everyone, my husband and I + our Russian tort will be moving from WA to KY in May.

The trip will take 4 days driving with hotel stays and access to wall plug electricity overnight.

I am looking for reviews/suggestions for heat pads/heating methods that you have used.

I notice that the reptile shipping heat packs report high failure rate (as in the pack doesn't heat properly), this is still an option, what are your thoughts on these?

I will have access to a USB PowerBar and a 12v in our moving truck. I see that there are limited USB heating pads, has anyone used these successfully?

Another option would be something that is rechargeable overnight.

What have you used successfully in the past?

Tort will have access to his clamp ceramic heat and light when we are in the hotel room.

Thanks for your help

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Get a small rhp and mount it to the top of a plastic tub. You can plug in if needed. Most likely the Russian will be fine with the temps you keep your room and car at for a few days. Give a long 1 hour soak in warm water before and after the trip

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings.

What route are you planning to take? I’m guessing the shortest. I think by the time May rolls around you really won’t have to worry very much about providing extra heat. Id focus on getting a nice rubbermaid container (with lid) that you can easily & safely transport from vehicle to hotel room & back. At night you can “plug in”, during the day, ambient temps should be fine.