Help Please! My Baby Indian Star is Dying

bowen

Location (City and/or State)
Orlando FL
Hi Guys,

I bought an indian star tortoise 40 days ago. the tortoise is just fine until a couple days ago. Currently he/she is not moving much, not opening eyes and low appetites. I have been feed him mixed vegetables. We located in Orlando Florida, the right temperature is 70F-90F in outdoor under roof enclosure, soaking under the sun daily. Would you know what’s may goes wrong? Much appreciated.

Attachments

• image_123927839.JPG
    image_123927839.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1584.jpg
    IMG_1584.jpg
    933.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1586.jpg
    IMG_1586.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4

bowen

Orlando FL
Hi Guys,

I bought an indian star tortoise 40 days ago. the tortoise is just fine until a couple days ago. Currently he/she is not moving much, not opening eyes and low appetites. I have been feed him mixed vegetables. We located in Orlando Florida, the right temperature is 70F-90F in outdoor under roof enclosure, soaking under the sun daily. Would you know what’s may goes wrong? Much appreciated.

IMG_1584.jpgimage_123927839.JPGIMG_1586.jpg

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
I'm so sorry to hear that, how have you been taking care of it, Baby can be hard, depending on how they were cared for by the breeder.
Here is Post of @Tom's from 2017 regarding a care sheet for Indian Star's
I am looking for a care sheet for a Indian star.
Thank you.

Just like this:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/

I go even warmer for stars. They seem to like it even warmer than Sulcatas and Leopards. They thrive in monsoon conditions just like Sulcatas and Leopards.

And the Whole Thread:

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Welcome to TFO (Tortoise Forum)
Too bad you had not come here earlier, it's hard having an Ill Tort.
There are quite a few folks here that have a lot of experience caring for and breeding Torts for MANY years. Some have more experience with one species as opposed to others, But I'm sure someone will be able to give you guidance better than I.
@Tom , @wellington, @Yvonne G , @ZEROPILOT, @Jacqui Wishing you the best of luck with your buddy...

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Is that an enclosed Vivarium, your tort is living in, What is the humidity levels, and temps?
What exactly have you been feeding it ?
Have you been giving it warm water Soak's daily? For how long?

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Is this a second post? I just replied to another post identical to this one, posted by you>

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi Guys,

They should never drop below 80, even at night. 85 is better for babies. Daytime AMBIENT should be 95ish and a basking lamp that give a 100 degree basking area directly under it. They need to be indoors in a closed chamber. Outdoors doesn't work.