Help Please:: Small Manufacturer of Hides Asked Me Sizes

Quixx66

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Hi All,

I saw some custom and printed hides I liked on Etsy. They are custom 3-D printed colored, and one was covered in eco earth and moss, very naturalistic. Problem is the hides had small openings, too small for even my Western Hermann’s.

The small manufacturer said he would be interested in looking into making hides for tortoises. He asked Matteo’s measurements to figure out food and hide sizes but Matteo is a young Western Hermann’s of one of the smallest varieties.

Would you mind giving me the width and height measurements of your torts? Thanks.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
They vary and grow. I had a mobile hide as Speedy had grown and managed to lift it and walk around. I then needed a larger hide! I use an arch shape which allows damp orchid bark underneath but some have a plastic container with a hole to allow humidity to be trapped.

Quixx66

Louisiana
They vary and grow. I had a mobile hide as Speedy had grown and managed to lift it and walk around. I then needed a larger hide! I use an arch shape which allows damp orchid bark underneath but some have a plastic container with a hole to allow humidity to be trapped.
Lol, thank you!

Ddflinn

SPRING VALLEY CA
Hi All,

I saw some custom and printed hides I liked on Etsy. They are custom 3-D printed colored, and one was covered in eco earth and moss, very naturalistic. Problem is the hides had small openings, too small for even my Western Hermann’s.

The small manufacturer said he would be interested in looking into making hides for tortoises. He asked Matteo’s measurements to figure out food and hide sizes but Matteo is a young Western Hermann’s of one of the smallest varieties.

Would you mind giving me the width and height measurements of your torts? Thanks.
my Russian tortoises love the EXO TERRA XXL tortoise cave. can buy it $30 on Walmart or various websites. yesterday all 3 went in. I couldn't believe it.

Emmawilly

Plymouth
Happy Birthday Sarah ??