Help! Redfoots eyes are shut

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
I'm sorry your tortoise passed away. I lost a tortoise once also. And as I was told by many members on this forum, it was sick long before I got it. There was nothing I could have done but it still broke my heart.
Are the temperature still that nice out there right now? Don't forget your temperature gun so you make sure your tortoise stays warm enough. Very soon you won't have to worry about the outdoor enclosure for a few months. But for next spring and summer add a bunch of plants, make sure that there is sun, dappled sun, and shade available in the enclosure. Nice deep soil, you can hose down the enclosure a couple times a day or set a little sprinkler or mister on a timer. If the walls of the enclosure are higher that also helps, a couple feet high maybe.
Because the nighttime temps still get chilly at night there in the summer you'll probably have to bring your tortoise in every night or provide a heated enclosure outdoors.
I'm glad you found a vet.

Janelle Green

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
I am so very sorry Wendy did not make it. Definitely not your fault and at least she had that time with you and I am sure she sensed that she was well cared for and loved for that short time before she left this world. Thank you for caring for her!
Thank u all I still miss her . I think with no heating pack and the damp towel with her in shipment she got it . Caspers doing great we'll have to add another one one day since 2 is not good together but right now my hearts broken so we're going to wait