Help! Sick tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Róisín

5 Year Member
This is my tortoise. He has a white film over both eyes. Help please. And also, I am new and my language is not this one, so I am translate ring. Sorry if it is bad.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! Can you post a picture for us? What kind and how old of tortoise and how have you been keeping him?

Minority1

5 Year Member
You can use google translate. It's not the most accurate translator but it gets most of the important messages through minus the grammar.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
In the meantime, set the tortoise up in a hospital tank (a smaller tank that you can heat overall) and have the overall temperature be about 85F degrees. Soak the tortoise in warm water for about a half hour each day. We need to see pictures so we know what kind of tortoise and how bad the eyes look.

redfootedmama

5 Year Member
My redfooted has had her eyes closed for 2 weeks, went to the vet, I have been pricing them open and dropping in the drops. They barely open. She had gotten vitamin a shot, antibiotics every other day. Warm bath twice a day and I uped her humidity. Still waiting for her eyes to open but start with warm bath often and check your humidity. If anyone has more advice for me as well I would love it!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Pics are very helpful. What lights are you using? What substrate are you using?

Life is good

kjr153

5 Year Member
Lights are the first thing I thought of as well. You're not using a coil are you?

redfootedmama

5 Year Member
Not sure what white light I am using. Plus a heat lamp. What light do I need.

redfootedmama

5 Year Member
image-118731438.png

This is clover and her eyes have been closed for almost 3 weeks. See my earlier messages for help.

redfootedmama

5 Year Member
image-2399660865.png

My husband put a regular bulb in her tank, I think this could be why her eyes closed. What now? I'm getting a uv bulb now.

Status
Not open for further replies.