Help! small bump on my pink belly side necks leg?!?

nikki1301

Location (City and/or State)
florida
Hi i’m new here, i’ve had turtles in the past but took a hiatus and finally decided to get a new little guy, he’s active and eating everything seems fine but i’ve had him for about 4 days and the first two he was very shy and hiding now he’s all over the place but i noticed once he came out a small whiteish bump on his leg, i haven’t tried to touch it much cause i don’t want to spook him as he’s just getting adjusted but i’m wondering if it could be an abcess? any advice?? i noticed a possible other one in his “armpit” are on his other leg but i’m not sure if it was just chubiness or something to be worried about 😔 i just wanna make sure he’s healthy and happy any help appreciated

Attachments

• FC1F0C4B-95FA-4FCB-9CA9-99B1292FAA5C.jpeg
    FC1F0C4B-95FA-4FCB-9CA9-99B1292FAA5C.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 3
  • AA1AFEA8-E80A-4679-8169-205E24C2D35D.jpeg
    AA1AFEA8-E80A-4679-8169-205E24C2D35D.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 4

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Hi i’m new here, i’ve had turtles in the past but took a hiatus and finally decided to get a new little guy, he’s active and eating everything seems fine but i’ve had him for about 4 days and the first two he was very shy and hiding now he’s all over the place but i noticed once he came out a small whiteish bump on his leg, i haven’t tried to touch it much cause i don’t want to spook him as he’s just getting adjusted but i’m wondering if it could be an abcess? any advice?? i noticed a possible other one in his “armpit” are on his other leg but i’m not sure if it was just chubiness or something to be worried about 😔 i just wanna make sure he’s healthy and happy any help appreciated
It looks like an abscess. Usually caused by a bacteria infection. If you just got him you aren't the cause. It usually can take care of itself. I've seen them harden and kind of work their way out of the skin. Or you could have a vet, cut and express it, and treat it with antibiotics.

Someone else will chime in, but I recommend keeping the water quality good. Maybe draining half the water once a week.

nikki1301

florida
It looks like an abscess. Usually caused by a bacteria infection. If you just got him you aren't the cause. It usually can take care of itself. I've seen them harden and kind of work their way out of the skin. Or you could have a vet, cut and express it, and treat it with antibiotics.

Someone else will chime in, but I recommend keeping the water quality good. Maybe draining half the water once a week.
thank you for the reply i’m looking to see if i can find a good vet for him cause the more he’s moving around i think i see another two small bumps on his back leg. i’m hoping i can find one soon and take him in cause i’m not sure if there are multiples if i should just wait for them to go away or see a vet he’s so little it worries me. if anyone knows a good vet down in Miami Fl it would be appreciated 🙏🏼😔

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
thank you for the reply i’m looking to see if i can find a good vet for him cause the more he’s moving around i think i see another two small bumps on his back leg. i’m hoping i can find one soon and take him in cause i’m not sure if there are multiples if i should just wait for them to go away or see a vet he’s so little it worries me. if anyone knows a good vet down in Miami Fl it would be appreciated 🙏🏼😔
You could also try a product called "Turtle Fix." It helps with things like that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230511_210813.jpg
    Screenshot_20230511_210813.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 2