Help! Star Hatchling Needs Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn, New York
Please help Bogart with his Star Hatchling! He needs info about baby food soaks. ~C

tickle

5 Year Member
Why would u do this just asking never heard of it b4.mine poops and peewit in water so I don't think he would eat it

Have u tried pedialite? Is you're star sick is that why u are doing this?just curious cause I researched stars allot b4 I bought one and the mortality rate on babies is very high so I came prepared and soaked mine in warm pedialite and vitamns for a week after he was shipped and I also bought mine from a reputable breeder in tortoise supply.I looked it up the baby food soak and it said to do this for soft shell or when they are on antibiotics. Is he sick.when mine came he bubbled out his nose maybe once a day while eating but I took care of it fast and he is fine. The food he was eating was very wet a d myhumidity was to high.so it was eather to much water in mouth when eating or the humidity and temp.its been awile and I haven't seen one since I was just paranoid. This only happened when eating wet food or when I misted while he was eating or after I washed him off after a soak.I don't want to take him to vet yet because I think it will stress him and its to cold but I will.having new kids u allways get worried I saw I tiny bubble and allmost took him then but keeping the temp high proper food vitamins and limit the stress if there was anything its gone now.I hope Ur's is ok.

bogart20

5 Year Member
Do u think it would be bad to mix bsby food disk with pedialyte???
Something whent wrong with my baby,
Puréed carrot food? Isn't it already puréed?

And thank you for so much help CLMoss
I'm gonna start collecting some local weeds around here
3 leave clovers and dandelions! There everywhere!
I just hope he stays alive to live happily

tickle

5 Year Member
I'm sure pedialute would be fine with baby food.I never did the bay food soaks just heard aboutt them but I did the peedialite after shipping.pedialite is pgreat when u are sicpk and dehidrated and haven't eaten

Status
Not open for further replies.