HELP SULCATA IS HURT!

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
Explain to your dad how much a trip to the emergency vet is and tell him to take you there or help you fix it

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
You probably also need to know that $300 - $500 (if not more) is what the vet bill will be.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
If he is starting to pull his leg out that is good, soak him some more and let him relax and hopefully he will bring his leg all the way out. I have a feeling that you would spend about three minutes at the vets office. So hopefully you can get this out yourself and save some money and frustration.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
If he is starting to pull his leg out that is good, soak him some more and let him relax and hopefully he will bring his leg all the way out. I have a feeling that you would spend about three minutes at the vets office. So hopefully you can get this out yourself and save some money and frustration.
i can already get the leg out now but the rock is still half way inside of him and wont move.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Soak him some more now that it's out. You're going to want to flush that area out with water, let it dry, then add some ointment took it. Do you have a turkey baster or eye dropper to flush that area out? Keep him out of the dirt for a bit so it can heal too

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So glad she's OK now, I have been holding my breath reading all this and could feel your panic! I'm not a tortoise expert but I am a first aider (for humans but basic principal should be the same) so make sure you do as the others have said warm soaks or flushing of the area and keep her out of the dirt for a while to avoid infection. Well done to you too for getting there in the end.