HELP!! unusual swollen cloaca/ tail area

EE torts

Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hello, i am very scared for my three toed box turtle Lemon, i just took a minute to admire her like always when i saw her trying to use the restroom and i saw her really trying and nothing was coming out, i also saw that the part where stuff excretes/her cloaca was red and puffy. what could this be? if she cannot excrete stuff then will she just build up inside and. she recently stopped eating every thing except worms, but she never loved food she only liked sweet potato and worms, but that is a whole other story. a few weeks ago she had a swollen eye but that went away in one day so i think she just pocked it and irritated it so it was not an infection. if any one could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

daniellenc

Maryland
Hello, i am very scared for my three toed box turtle Lemon, i just took a minute to admire her like always when i saw her trying to use the restroom and i saw her really trying and nothing was coming out, i also saw that the part where stuff excretes/her cloaca was red and puffy. what could this be? if she cannot excrete stuff then will she just build up inside and. she recently stopped eating every thing except worms, but she never loved food she only liked sweet potato and worms, but that is a whole other story. a few weeks ago she had a swollen eye but that went away in one day so i think she just pocked it and irritated it so it was not an infection. if any one could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.
Could be a prolapse can you post pictures?

EE torts

USA
While i gave her a soak she did pee (kind of) a yellow circular thing came out so i am thinking maybe she is dehydrated, but normally if a turtle or tortoise is dehydrated it would be the white urates that come out hard instead of the normal pasty way they should come out.

EE torts

USA
I'm not saying this is your problem, but SOMETIMES, when a turtle has a high load of parasites, the cloaca swells like that.
She had a vet check before i got her and i assume they looked at a fecal stool for parasites, but i don't really know for sure. she has always loved sweet potatoes and now she will not touch them, and like all box turtles she loved earth worms and recently she rejected them and that got me very worried (Like if a kid didn't eat candy, you know something is up) i raised the humidity with a humidifier/reptile fogger and it didn't change a thing, she is also very scared of the fog. she only get's up to bask in the morning then hides for the rest of the day. i am so scared for her she has gone a week without eating, if you can help in any way that would be amazing.

EE torts

USA
Hello!! just wondering if anyone has seen my post because she has defiantly got worse so any help is very well appreciated.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm sorry, but I other than daily, long warm soaks, I don't know how to help you. Is there a GOOD reptile vet in your area?

EE torts

USA
I'm sorry, but I other than daily, long warm soaks, I don't know how to help you. Is there a GOOD reptile vet in your area?
I don't think so, but if there is a chance she has parasites is there any medication we can buy without a prescription that won't hurt her even if she does not have parasites. her eyes are both a little swollen today. could she possibly be trying to hibernate or brumate (i don't know if i spelled that write)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No prescription is needed to buy de-worming medication, however, it would be best to get the dosage information from a vet. Swollen eyes is an indication the tortoise should NOT be brumated. It means there's something more wrong than just the swollen cloaca.

EE torts

USA
No prescription is needed to buy de-worming medication, however, it would be best to get the dosage information from a vet. Swollen eyes is an indication the tortoise should NOT be brumated. It means there's something more wrong than just the swollen cloaca.
maybe i can email a reptile vet and ask, although i don't know if that would be rude or something. About the brumating Yeah i didn't think so, but i guess you never know.

EE torts

USA
I don't know if you have seen this but if looks like it could help Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 12.14.31 PM.png . i have seen some people use Panacur for bearded dragons also.

EE torts

USA
i thin
i think i'm going to buy Reptaid it sounds really good.