HELP URGENT FOUND INJURED BOX TURTLE

Grace-Sophia

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hello, box turtles are not native to my area.. I am a couple of hours away from the border of Oklahoma and this is the only box turtle I have ever seen. Upon finding her, I have not been able to identify it, it’s not a three toed I believe because it has 5 toes. Her kearitin is peeling off the bone on her shell. Winter is coming fast. What should I do? (Also she does not act wild, she is very friendly and let’s me pick her up.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Grace-Sophia

Texas
Hello, box turtles are not native to my area.. I am a couple of hours away from the border of Oklahoma and this is the only box turtle I have ever seen. Upon finding her, I have not been able to identify it, it’s not a three toed I believe because it has 5 toes. Her kearitin is peeling off the bone on her shell. Winter is coming fast. What should I do? (Also she does not act wild, she is very friendly and let’s me pick her up.)
Edit-
Is a three toed

Grace-Sophia

Texas
I have a location where I can keep her in a heated area for winter and a outdoor enclosure ready to go

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
Box turtles are native to Texas and Oklahoma, I have been to both places and found them. Found a bunch of three toads on a ranch in Oklahoma, a few in Northeastern Texas(not three toads)

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
Box turtles are native to Texas and Oklahoma, I have been to both places and found them. Found a bunch of three toads on a ranch in Oklahoma, a few in Northeastern Texas(not three toads)
I meant to add that that is like everyone else has said, a Three toed