Help wanted in designing outdoor pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmt123

5 Year Member
So I just finished a 4x8 pen for an eastern male I will be receiving. The problem is I don't know how to design it. So I was wondering If you guys could help me. Here are some pictures of what I have so far.

image-3472580830.png

image-2865941029.png

image-3199888484.png

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
By design, are you talking about the interior? If so, I would get a big pan 18" round or so and about 4" deep. You can bury it almost flush. I put a brick in mine for easier egress. Hollow logs are nice. Since you're only about a foot to the top, your plants need to stay that size. If you got another nine timbers, you could go twice as high, and plant hostas and ferns. That would give you a lot of options for habitat decor, and I think would be a much nicer pen. What you have, however will work.

bmt123

5 Year Member
I can't build up because it is connected to another pen but I might be able to dig down.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
If you dig down you could run into flooding problems down the road . Just stick to smaller plants you will be fine.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
I see where you have another pen connected, but you can still build up on both pens. I'd like to ask why you didn't make the pen even bigger since it appears you have the room? The reason I ask is because must owners regret not making their pens larger.

bmt123

5 Year Member
I am hoping that this will just be a quarantine pen. After the three months of quarantine he can just move in with my other females. Then I will probably knock out the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.