Help what type of tortise do I have

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Weeds are the best thing for them. Just be sure they are chemical free, and only feed them the "right" ones.

Rachael88

The weeds are definitely chemical free as I don't spray them since I have dogs as well.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
sweeneylee88 said:
If there not we need to think about a new home for one:(

Hi, and welcome to the Forum!!

Are you Rachael's sister?

Your tortoises will do fine together for a while...maybe even the rest of their lives. Male desert tortoises fight, but sometime when raised together, they get along until they reach sexual maturity. I always adopt them out in two's as hatchlings because they do better when there's competition for the food.

Try feeding your babies packaged salad. The one I prefer is called Santa Barbara Mix.

sweeneylee88

Okay thankyou and actually I'm Rachael I don't know why she used my name. Anyway it's about the tortoise so thankyou for your help

reticguy76

5 Year Member
Im in AZ, and these guys are uber protected and sacred by the almighty game and fish. You cant even legally move one off the road onto the side if you see one about to get hit. We have all around ridiculous wildlife laws in Az, but they are what they are. I feed mine dandelion and clover weeds and a few dark leafy greens. I have had him since a young hatchling when he came into my emergency clinic for being attacked by a dog of some sort. People found him and just brought him in, having no idea what he was. I took him and nursed him for about 6 months (his recovery time) and kept (after getting the okie dokie by our wildlife Gods, game and fish). I love my little guy, Cooter, though. Wouldnt have traded the situation for anything.