Help, which tortoise to choose!!!

Alexis.gargione

Location (City and/or State)
Tatum, tx
I'm wanting to know what tortoise would be best suited for east tx? It's humid subtropical weather here. I'll have to keep mine as an indoor pet. Just want it to be as comfortable as possible. I'll still be taking it outside for some sun. Thank u in advance for any advice

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
I'm wanting to know what tortoise would be best suited for east tx? It's humid subtropical weather here. I'll have to keep mine as an indoor pet. Just want it to be as comfortable as possible. I'll still be taking it outside for some sun. Thank u in advance for any advice
Any reason why you wouldn’t be able to house it outside? How much space do you have? Are you looking for a smaller tortoise or a larger one? For beginners I would recommend greeks, hermanns, russians, and redfoots.

pawsplus

Nashville, TN
Sounds like a great place for a redfoot, but tortoises really do much better when outdoors as much of the year a possible. What is the problem with building an outdoor enclosure?

Alexis.gargione

Tatum, tx
Any reason why you wouldn’t be able to house it outside? How much space do you have? Are you looking for a smaller tortoise or a larger one? For beginners I would recommend greeks, hermanns, russians, and redfoots.
I live in duplex & will need a small 1. I'll be able to take it outside. I'll just have to be outside w/ it when I do. Thanks for responding

Alexis.gargione

Tatum, tx
Sounds like a great place for a redfoot, but tortoises really do much better when outdoors as much of the year a possible. What is the problem with building an outdoor enclosure?
I live in duplex & won't be able to keep it outside. I can take it outside while I'm out like I did my bearded dragon. I'll just have to have an enclosure w/ lid Instead of on harness like my beardie. Lol, thanks

pawsplus

Nashville, TN
I live in duplex & won't be able to keep it outside. I can take it outside while I'm out like I did my bearded dragon. I'll just have to have an enclosure w/ lid Instead of on harness like my beardie. Lol, thanks
Personally, I would not get a tortoise in that situation.

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Even the smallest species like a russian need at least 8ft by 4ft of space. Here‘s our care sheet for hermanns, greeks, and Russians.