Help with different lighting for marginated baby

sunflwrdrmz

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hello! So I have a marginated baby in a 40gal terrarium with a heavy mesh top and It’s not allowing enough heat under the bulb hits 80 ambient is 75 and I’m worried about the uv as well. However I intentionally got a locking heavy mesh top because we also have a very curious and fat cat lol right now I’m using a reptisun 10.0 uvb and a 75 w infrared heat bulb. I plan on getting a double dome so I can put 100w heat during the day and keep the 75w at night (because I love the house cold usually 69) but what’s a better option for the uvb that I can still keep the locking top? I’ve attached a photo of the terrarium and Squirt for fun ☺B9CF83D9-7DF5-4C86-AFD2-5F56F2C3C2DB.jpeg905EE858-E38B-4868-B752-581376F92743.jpeg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Try attaching a strip UV florescent lamp to the underside of the screen top with some screws and washers from the outside, through the screen and into the plastic housing of the fixture.
Make sure that the screws do not enter the area of the electronic ballast.
At that distance a T8 10.0 can work.
Or a T5HO 5.0
(A length that is short enough to fit inside)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome,
Is that the thermometer on the side of the tank? It's a little high and could be giving you misleading readings. The dial sort that pet stores sell don't seem to be very reliable so a digital thermometer/hygrometer with a probe would be more accurate and a digital temp gun is also great for spot checking temps at tort level.
Red lights can be confusing for torts as they see colour and often mistake inedible things for red food, they also need darkness at night to sleep so you would be better off getting a che for night heat and run it through a thermostat to keep the temps even.