Help with food!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlotta84

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bristol, UK
Hi Everyone,
My little Sulcata is gaining weight!! I am feeding her with mixed greens, grass and weed (when I can get some from a secure source!!) and some food pellet for tortoise (I live in Uk and there is no Mazuri). Recently I bought some dried grasses and herbs pellets (especially formulated for tortoise, high in fibre and low in protein) but my Sulcata just ignores it. I would like her to eat it as I cannot always get her weeds and grasses!! How can I convince her to eat it? I tried to offer it both dry or soaked and I get the same result: she does not eat it!!!
Any suggestion will be very much appreciated!!!
Thanks
Carlotta

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
it's a pretty common problem! Many do not take to dried grasses readily, particularly when they are younger.

The trick is to mix a small amount with stud he likes and then gradually increase the proportion.

You could try a variation on DeanS's Tortoise Meatball recipe which was designed to combat this very problem.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Just mix what you are trying to feed in with the greens she eats and she will son get a nack for it.
So with hay or the hebs finley chop them and sprinkle them in or soak them in water to soften them and mix in.

rachael

5 Year Member
los angeles
When my little babies wouldnt eat I put libbys canned pumpkin on some mazuri... its like putting chocolate on a brussel sprout for kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.