Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
ImageUploadedByTortForum1376646959.649765.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1376646987.002794.jpg
Okay this is Mo's indoor enclosure and it was a temporary thing because for those who don't know he was found and handed to me about 6 weeks ago. His owners haven't attempted to find him and no contact has been made through me asking the neighbourhood and advertising a direct link online.
I've built him an outdoor enclosure but its started to rain in the UK and looking at him in his temporary indoor enclosure today I'm thinking its time to think long term. This enclosure is a old blanket box 52cm x 94cm. As you can see he has a basking light at one end. It's been fine for having him outside all day then bring him in-he basks and eats then sleeps till the following morning. However, if its raining outside I've read Russians prefer drier environments so I've kept him in his indoor one. My husband is good at converting things and I'm wondering about the best setup/ areas and indoor environment for Mo. would like any suggestions! Please remember this was a temporary set up! Lol :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeh

5 Year Member
Don't know much about Russians, but your temporary enclosure looks good to me and he seems happy dug in there:). Just get your temps and humidity right. Hopefully some Russian keepers will advise you.

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
i don't have a clue about russians but doesn't he need some type of hide box, humid or not i would think he would need something for shelter inside the temporary box? maybe not, since i don't know anything about this species, just curious!

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
mikeh said:
Don't know much about Russians, but your temporary enclosure looks good to me and he seems happy dug in there:). Just get your temps and humidity right. Hopefully some Russian keepers will advise you.

He loves to dig! Temps and humidity fine thanks. Thanks for the commenting :)

samsmom said:
i don't have a clue about russians but doesn't he need some type of hide box, humid or not i would think he would need something for shelter inside the temporary box? maybe not, since i don't know anything about this species, just curious!

I have thought of this because my red foot has one and loves it. Mo does love to bury himself and sleep but will consider adding a hide or section it with one. Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.