Help with pyramiding in sully

karlscaff93

Location (City and/or State)
Uk - Aylesbury
So today we picked up an 11 year old (or we was told 11 year old ) male sulcata he’s definitely male he flashed pretty much straight away .
He seems happy and healthy he has eaten urinated and pooed and seems very alert ( until he had a nap under basking light after having a good load of food ) i do also have a 4 year old sulcata who is larger than him and is pretty much bowling ball smooth thanks to taking advice from people on here about diet uv light etc (thanks guys)

our new guy does have some bad pyramiding issues and a small chip in the middle of his beak my question is there anything I can include in his husbandry that will help resolve/ lesson this over time as he grows ?

( I will upload more pictures and his weight and measurements tomorrow)
Thanks I do appreciate all help and advice AB99DFC9-AC04-4410-9F92-0AA1DB5CBFEE.jpeg

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
While you won't be able to fix what has already occurred, you can make sure he grows smooth from now on by following the caresheet below.

karlscaff93

Uk - Aylesbury
Thanks for the reply .... I do keep the female I already had in the way described in the care sheet and the male will join after his quarantine period (he is still being kept in properly there ) I was just interested to see if anybody had experience with this

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Thanks for the reply .... I do keep the female I already had in the way described in the care sheet and the male will join after his quarantine period (he is still being kept in properly there ) I was just interested to see if anybody had experience with this
We all have had experience with pyramiding...this is Knobby...I have had him for 3 years...since I've had him all his new growth is smooth...but the pyramiding will always be there...it will look smaller as the tort gets bigger with the correct care....
Knobby then...
IMG_0309.JPG
Knobby now...

.100_3789.JPG