Help with sulcatta house

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojay327

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Elgin, South Carolina
What type of house can I build that won't over heat in the hot summer sun? I know the dogloos become ovens, what about concrete block house, do they stay cool? it gets very hot here and want to make sure she has a nice place to go. She is a 9" sulcatta. Thanks Jay

tortoisestew

5 Year Member
South East Texas
I've kept my sulcatta in an large dogloo since it he was two years old. They don't get that hot, and if they did they would not go in or would leave the enclosure. I don't see nothing wrong with this and I live in Southeast Texas where the heat is outrageous in the summertime. He actually stayed in the house if it was too hot outside.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
you could install a turbine vent or power vent on a thermostat too keep it at a cooler temp.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Concrete block enclosures work too, if you need something larger. A nice shade tree near the enclosure helps keep the temps down. A cluster of plants that they can dig into gives a nice option if your sulcata is not to big to mow them down...

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
lynnedit said:
Concrete block enclosures work too, if you need something larger. A nice shade tree near the enclosure helps keep the temps down. A cluster of plants that they can dig into gives a nice option if your sulcata is not to big to mow them down...
:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.