HELP! Worried (tortoise rubs eye)

kezilulu

Hi all, I've just fed Sheldon and he appears to be suffering a little. He keeps closing one eye and wiping it and he's tilting his head to the side, the other eye is open, this doesn't seem like normal behaviour?! For him at least! Please help?!
Thank you all
xXx

Here's a pic of his closed eye, I can't get in to take a pic of the open one
xXx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1394907921.056083.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1394907921.056083.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 55

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
RE: HELP! Worried (as normal) about Sheldon, new symptom

He looks perfectly fine, actually looks like he is comfortable....rubbing an eye from time to time is no sign of a problem....relax and walk away for awhile....:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: HELP! Worried (as normal) about Sheldon, new symptom

Just in case he has a bit of substrate in his eye, you can flush the eye with sterile saline solution. You can buy it in the contact lens department at the pharmacy. Buy a little squirt bottle, fill it with fluid. Hold the tortoise's head behind his jaws so he can't pull into his shell and just squirt, with a fairly hard squirt, the eye. You can do this several times until you feel you've gotten inside the closed eyelid. Then put on a dab of some sort of eye medication. This is one that I like:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=24517

Most pet stores sell it (cheaper than the link)

kezilulu

Thanks guys Ascott that's just what I've decided to do, I'm driving myself crazy!
And Yvonne I'll get some in the morning (it's 8pm here lol) and give it a good go, however I'm a bit of a wimp so might get the boyfriend to do it lol
xXx