Help? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
Hey guys :( so I am just worried about my baby brown mt. tort. He isnt eating a lot, has been sleeping a lot, . Ive been having problems keeping the heat and humidity in, any tips?

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
East Bay area
We need more information. Age of the tort? Temperatures in its enclosure? Any other issues, such as soft shell, runny nose etc? How long have you had it? Are your uv bulbs relatively new?

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
kanalomele said:
We need more information. Age of the tort? Temperatures in its enclosure? Any other issues, such as soft shell, runny nose etc? How long have you had it? Are your uv bulbs relatively new?

He is about 5 months old. about 70 or so, but im hopefully getting it to 80 soon. a slightly soft plastron. no, they are from a while ago. they may be ip for replacment. ive had him since october i believe.

kanalomele said:

He is now eating.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
East Bay area
Glad to hear its eating. Make sure you get your temps right with this species! There should be a general care guide or relevant threads in the species specific pages. I use an mvb bulb for all my torts. If you need to generate more humidity it is always an option to cover the top of its enclosure. Try to create as much of a closed chamber as possible. You can search the forum for "closed chamber" and see some examples of how others do this. I hope your little one keeps improving!

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
kanalomele said:
Glad to hear its eating. Make sure you get your temps right with this species! There should be a general care guide or relevant threads in the species specific pages. I use an mvb bulb for all my torts. If you need to generate more humidity it is always an option to cover the top of its enclosure. Try to create as much of a closed chamber as possible. You can search the forum for "closed chamber" and see some examples of how others do this. I hope your little one keeps improving!

Ok awesome thank you for all your help!! Ill look into it! My dad said hed help me make anything for him, i juts need to show him plans!

Status
Not open for further replies.