Helppp there are cuts inside my tortoises mouth

Charlotttteee

Location (City and/or State)
England
FC9E4B31-B2A9-4D0F-8D12-C01E43D4DFA1.jpegwhat do I do it looks like he is in pain as he sometimes in past 24 hours just opens his mouth and closes his eyes I’m growing concerned so pls help

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's the one on the side right, not actually in its mouth?
Clean with plain water and put some antibiotic cream on it and keep it clean. Do this at least once daily
Set him up in a hospital tank with no substrate.
Give daily soaks and chop his food up tiny so he doesnt have to bite and tear at it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Is it at the corners of his mouth?

Sometimes when they try to climb a wall and they slip back down the mouth is forced open farther than normal, ripping the tissue at the corners.

You can help it heal by cutting up his food so he doesn't have to open wide to eat. Also, don't allow a scab to form. Keep some sort of salve or vaseline on it to keep it soft. (if allowed to scab, every time he opens his mouth it breaks open the scab)

rattboy

10 Year Member!
San Francisco, CA
View attachment 333568what do I do it looks like he is in pain as he sometimes in past 24 hours just opens his mouth and closes his eyes I’m growing concerned so pls help
Any idea what happened? It looks like trauma. Hard to tell how severe it is but at a glance it looks superficial. The opening of the mouth is a concern though.

You want to see a vet as soon as possible if he keeps gaping his mouth. That is a sign of something more than a cut or abrasion.

Charlotttteee

England
It's the one on the side right, not actually in its mouth?
Clean with plain water and put some antibiotic cream on it and keep it clean. Do this at least once daily
Set him up in a hospital tank with no substrate.
Give daily soaks and chop his food up tiny so he doesnt have to bite and tear at it.
Thank you is there a certain cream I should use