Heosemys depressa on Fauna

harris

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
There's a 2.3 group of these guys posted. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it yesterday. I sent an e-mail, but it was posted on Sunday and I didn't see it until yesterday. I'm sure I'm too late. BUT, something tells me Kelly will be posting pics of this group in the very near future!!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
There's a 2.3 group of these guys posted. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it yesterday. I sent an e-mail, but it was posted on Sunday and I didn't see it until yesterday. I'm sure I'm too late. BUT, something tells me Kelly will be posting pics of this group in the very near future!!
Haha. I totally missed this post. Well here we are almost a year later. Don't have many photos of them but yes indeed they are in our collection now. All Studbook registered in the works with Tennessee aquarium Studbook keeper. Doing fantastic. Lots of breeding with other males we have from other collections. Sure hope for some fertile eggs. I still
Think they're too young to produce though. Depressa are a lot like Manouria and take some good 12-15 years to sexually mature.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Very cool! We work with him for our quadriocellata.
Bill is a great guy. For sure to hope in offspring. One male will be shipped out on loan to pair with a LTC female. If successful would be the only next ones produced besides the ones Dwight succeeded with.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I've bred rare poultry and helped recover landrace fowl, but now that I am an old man, breeding rare tortoises would be about my speed!