Heosemys Spinosa

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Well I was bit late to the party in getting more specimens. But I at least got a nice mature pair. Been missing this species for many years now since I had no succes hatching them and sold them. So I learned my lesson back then. They arrived today. Was delayed do to weather. Soaking it up. Hope for better luck in the future with these endangered turtles.

image.jpg

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Cool turtles! Very cool! Adult pair?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah very large specimens both combined weigh 7 pounds. I'll get some better pics and measurements later after they settle in a bit more. Love their patterns on the plastron. My attempt at these this go around will be to leave them in hone greenhouse and not try to incubate the eggs and let them stay in the ground. It's proven very successful for Redfoots and leopards in there.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Beautiful couple. Just beautiful.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Oh, WOW!!! Their carapaces are REALLY cool but those PLASTRONS!!!! YOWZA!!!! :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
This is a handsome pair, Kelly. Nice animals for sure.
I'm amazed how large the male is. My last guys were in captivity 20 years and the male was half this size. However I believe those were of a different clad than these specimens. Handsome for sure. Love this species and glad I have some more.

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
Cool, you got them. This is such a cool species.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Added another pair. These are LTC imports. Female has been in captivity for 6 years and the male 3 years. Sure hope to be seeing the same results as @Benjamin and hatch some of these out. Just love this specks and taxa. Very rewarding when set up properly.

image.jpg

The male is very outgoing and active.
image.jpg
Female
image.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, didn't know you were into,turtles too. I know you mentioned you did want to get into some, didn't know so soon. Good for you, glad you found what you wanted. Good luck and enjoy.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Wow, didn't know you were into,turtles too. I know you mentioned you did want to get into some, didn't know so soon. Good for you, glad you found what you wanted. Good luck and enjoy.
Yep. Have quite a few turtles actually. So,e Central American land dwellers, and a few Asian land dwellers as well. Actually have about 20 total turtles I like them for sure. Just need to make more room for more.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Yep. Have quite a few turtles actually. So,e Central American land dwellers, and a few Asian land dwellers as well. Actually have about 20 total turtles I like them for sure. Just need to make more room for more.
OR you could send your extras to me!!! he he he! :):):)

turtlemanfla88

Kelly,
The way I have keep them in FLA was in a 8foot wide by 32 foot long pen. Planted it with surinam cherry trees, papyas,bananas,and bamboo. mine do not like to be in full sun and the more overgrown i let it become the more active they were. I started with 3.6. I did breed them ,but could not hatch them out.

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1422421194.377263.jpg

They are getting rarer by the day , sometimes it's weeks apart before I find any specimen in the wet market !

I buy any specimen I come across in the local market .

Cheers

Cheers
SAM

Sent from my iPhone