Herbal Hay for Non-Tortoises?

Erisna

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
So I was reading the reviews of tortoisesupplies’ herbal tortoise hay, and saw that one review mentioned also feeding this to their bearded dragon and uromastyx. We have both of those animals along with our tortoise at work; has anyone else fed the herbal hay to non-tortoise reptiles and had success with it? I’d find it easier to justify buying the big one pound bag of hay if it wasn’t for just our tiny Russian. If you can feed it to them, do you need to adjust anything? Since uromastyx get most of their water from their food I’d guess if you’re feeding dried stuff you have to also feed a high water content food along with it?

Idk just looking for thoughts and experiences.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've used it with adult bearded dragons and with blue tongue skinks. Its good for any herbivorous reptile. Just keep in mind that like any other new food, you'll have to introduce it gradually for them to get used to it and like it.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
So I was reading the reviews of tortoisesupplies’ herbal tortoise hay, and saw that one review mentioned also feeding this to their bearded dragon and uromastyx. We have both of those animals along with our tortoise at work; has anyone else fed the herbal hay to non-tortoise reptiles and had success with it? I’d find it easier to justify buying the big one pound bag of hay if it wasn’t for just our tiny Russian. If you can feed it to them, do you need to adjust anything? Since uromastyx get most of their water from their food I’d guess if you’re feeding dried stuff you have to also feed a high water content food along with it?

Idk just looking for thoughts and experiences.
I say go for it. I feed my beardie tortoise food all the time, whether it be home made gel food or dried moringa. Here’s a video of pancake trying out a gel made from zoo med’s grassland tortoise food soaked in hibiscus juice, dried moringa, and agar agar.
I’ve seen a pretty good change in poop texture since switching over to mostly weeds and dried “tortoise food”.

Erisna

Florida
Awesome, thanks y’all! I’ll put in an order, I’m glad to improve all three of their diets. :)

Do you feed it soaked or dry to your lizards?

Erisna

Florida
Wow, those reviews weren’t kidding; this hay smells amazing. I had my roommate smell it before telling her what it was and she thought I’d bought bulk tea!!

No comes the fun part... convincing picky reptiles to actually eat the stuff that’s good for them!!
15714EDB-884F-493C-9A2C-40ABD8A0C7CE.jpeg