Herbs (parsley, etc) Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lohan

5 Year Member
My little Egyptian Tort is called Tiny T.

Please can you let me know if herbs are OK to eat (every now and then) - she seems to love Parsley. Is there any specific herbs that definitely I should avoid. I am talking specifically about herbs as I know they can be quite strong.

How about Corriander? Dill? etc...are these harmful. Would be great if any of the experts out there can list any Herbs that MUST NOT be fed to her and any that are particularly good as a supplement.

I ask as these are very easy to get hold of where I live, whilst some other greens are not. I live in a very small town, in the middle of the South Sinai Egyptian desert!!

Also what about Jasmine?? Is this harmful - just a thought as you can get this flower here a lot, as well as hibiscus (which I already know is good) but what about jasmine flowers? Good or Bad idea? (something in me thinks probably BAD idea! Anyhow it would be good to know if anyone can help with answers to my questions.

Thank you for your help guys. :)

Lohan.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Lohan:

I have heard that the herbs a high in oxalilates, so you should use them sparingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.