Hercules comes outside

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I just added a partitioned section to my outside pen. This is the one that is actually in my screened patio and not in the open yard. This way I don't have to worry about a bird or a cat carting him away. I've introduced him to his older brother, Julio and I've left him in the sun now for a few days. About 4 hours a day. There is almost 90% humidity out there this time of year. I've also introduced him to outside plants such as Hibiscus. He has also discovered that he can free range some tiny growing weeds that Julio has ignored. I do not leave them together unattended. (They were put together for the photo only.)

Attachments

• image_11.png
    image_11.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nice torts. Just and FYI, the earlier you introduce different foods, the better they are on excepting it.

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
Julio is a little over two years old and Hercules is two and a half months.
?A little over 2?? is that how long you've had him or his estimated actual age?? seems big but it's been a bit since mine were brought home I'd have to look up my records. Of course you've got the florida advantage but man that looks big for 2

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I bought him as a tiny little man, about the same size as Hercules in a ten gallon aquarium on pine shavings at the local swap meet. I gestimated his age then at four months. He is growing very quickly! Lots of heft, too.

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
that is AWESOME my biggest is hefty (at least for me, as being use to box turtles) at ~17-18lbs as an 8 year old