Here are my Margies!

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Hey! I'm glad to be part of this elite group of marginated owners! Well anyways here are some pics of my three Mrginated tortoises I currently own. The first two are 2 years old hatched July 2012 from a member in this forum. (not by him of course but his tortoises duh!)

Pardon the slight pyramiding. It was raised dry by my best friend and she gave them to me a couple months back because she got a new baby sister! I've been keeping them, uber hydrated and they get natural sunlight so that should help with the pyramiding although its current pyramiding is irreversible.

Anywayssssss. The third pic is my little baby I got from a pet store I used to work at and he's been raised well for the time i've had him/her/it haha. Well if you have any questions let me know! Its good to be back on tortoise forum!

image-3.jpeg image-4.jpeg image-5.jpeg image-6.jpeg

yillt

Hi. I love margies. Yours are ADORABLE. Do you keep them in hay by any chance. It is just that hay is not a great bedding for them. I just wondered because sometimes their shells have a certain look when they are kept in hay. I think it is all the spores. If I am wrong , sorry. :);).Also your baby has beautiful light colouring.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Hi. I love margies. Yours are ADORABLE. Do you keep them in hay by any chance. It is just that hay is not a great bedding for them. I just wondered because sometimes their shells have a certain look when they are kept in hay. I think it is all the spores. If I am wrong , sorry. :);).Also your baby has beautiful light colouring.

Noooooo hay! That's like a cus word in tortoise land ha. I keep them in coconut coir and the strand you see there is just a strand from the coconut. :)

yillt

Oh good. I thought you didn't sound like a person that would put them in hay. :)Do the torts stay in one enclosure. Can I see a pic of their enclosure please? I love pictures.Do you also own sulcatas. Because in your profile picture is that one of them.

Last edited:

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Oh good. I thought you didn't sound like a person that would put them in hay. :)Do the torts stay in one enclosure. Can I see a pic of their enclosure please? I love pictures.Do you also own sulcatas. Because in your profile picture is that one of them.

I keep them both indoor and outdoor. I bring them in at night regardless of the weather outside.

Here is the indoor enclosure:

Nothing fancy but there is a cool side: 75 degrees and a warmer side: 90 degrees which is regulated by a thermostat
IMG_3862.JPG IMG_3863.jpg
The humidity in the enclosure is at 40 but a lot higher in the humid house. I keep a cup of hot water in there daily to bring it up.
IMG_3864.JPG