Here is Clark. Clark is the proud new owner of an Aerogarden

MsBijou

5 Year Member
Yes, I did just buy my Russian torti a hydroponic "garden." I've been wanting one forever and Clark gave me a good enough excuse to finally get one. I will be growing salad greens, then next up will be heirloom lettuce. Then back to salad greens. Supposedly it takes 3 weeks from the day it's set up to first harvest. I can't wait!

Yay!! The pic worked. Pic was taken at previous owner's house.

Attachments

• IMG_2764.JPG
    IMG_2764.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 100

guille24

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
wisconsin
Nice Russian !! :) do u practice tae kuan do ? That's pretty cool ! :D

MsBijou

5 Year Member
Hey, what is aquaponics? I'll have to Google that now. Thanks! Another long night ahead!!

The pic is from his previous home. No tae kwon do.

shanu303

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
India
MsBijou said:
Hey, what is aquaponics? I'll have to Google that now. Thanks! Another long night ahead!!

The pic is from his previous home. No tae kwon do.

AQUAPONICS = HYDROPONICS + AQUACULTURE

i.e growing plants/ vegetation without soil using fish waste.... and in turn the roots of the plants filter out the ammonia/waste from the water...

MsBijou

5 Year Member
Ahhhh, I see. I used to keep fish until very recently. Well, I do have two bettas and I use plants to filter out the ammonia from their water. I do not, however, eat those plants :D. I will DEFINITELY look into it though. Sounds interesting.

What kind of fish do you keep? I've kept lots of different kinds. All small ones. I had a nano salt water and kept brackish mollies too.. Anytime I see mollies in fresh water they look sad to me. Mollies in brackish water are so vigorous and happy :).

Sorry I got derailed :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk