Here is the 4x8 rendering of Tom's Night Box. With Exploded view.

Bobbutler3

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
To all
I have two male sulcatas at 40 and 45 lbs. and I have always enjoyed building their enclosures - which is needed almost every year since they grow fast. The one universal material I find that works are cinder blocks. They’re 8x8x16 inches each. They’re fairly cheap and sturdy! Plus, all you need for skills are experience playing with Lego toy blocks lol
But seriously, you can always change your mind or add to it as they get bigger. Maybe when they reach 100+lbs.they’ll start moving them around?? But even then they work well around a perimeter fence keeping them in.
Have fun - enclosures are part of the enjoyment of keeping these guys!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
To all
I have two male sulcatas at 40 and 45 lbs. and I have always enjoyed building their enclosures - which is needed almost every year since they grow fast. The one universal material I find that works are cinder blocks. They’re 8x8x16 inches each. They’re fairly cheap and sturdy! Plus, all you need for skills are experience playing with Lego toy blocks lol
But seriously, you can always change your mind or add to it as they get bigger. Maybe when they reach 100+lbs.they’ll start moving them around?? But even then they work well around a perimeter fence keeping them in.
Have fun - enclosures are part of the enjoyment of keeping these guys!!
Cinderblocks are too abrasive to use as night quarters unless you line them with ply wood. Also, for most of North America, they suck heat right out of the enclosure and offer the opposite of insulation. In your climate, heat isn't much of an issue for most of every year. For most of the people reading this, it is.

Speaking from experience, 40-50 pound tortoises can move them around and escape. I use slumpstone blocks for housing smaller tortoises, but larger sulcatas need something more sturdy.