Heres a question for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I have an 8 1/2 yr old DT, that was captive breed. he was given to me right before winter. So he has been inside all winter.

Question....

when he is in his outdoor enclosure he goes in his hide and doesn't come out. But if I let him out of his enclosure outside he roams all over the yard. Any suggesstions?? I don't care if he roams the yard as it is tort safe, but at night, when the dogs are out, or if I am going to be gone most of the day I want him in the safety of his enclosure.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
well... he could be curious in a new enviroment OR nervous and looking for his place to hide...
While in his enclosure.. he is either happy in his hide or scared to come out..
you mention dogs.. they are 'predators' and they could scare him.
Does he eat?

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
He eats, the dogs are never around him & he can't see them as he is behind a wood fence. Now that it is warming up, I'll give him a few weeks to get adjusted to being outside again in his pen, we'll see how he does in there, If that doesn't work then I'll have to figure something out.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Jen, when my DTs were new they would tend to hide a lot. After they settled in they were fine. It may just be time he needs.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That's what I was thinking, since I got him right before it got cold, so he was only out for a couple weeks then he came in. I left him out yesterday and when I came home he was out of his hide roaming through the weeds in his pen. I think he is starting to settle in.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
That's great. Mine are still sleeping but it is getting closer.:) can't wait unitl they are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.