Herman & Esme's new outdoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackiedots

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dorset England
I am limited on space as only have a roof garden so decided to convert what was my pond with surrounding garden into ' Tortoise Park '. I think it is big enough for them for this year at least but maybe in the future I will convert the larger L shaped raised flower bed. Mmmmmm........

STP62338.jpg

This is me assuming what will be my summer position !!
STP62339.jpg

I had just put them into their new house and closed the lid. A few minutes later they started to emerge. "You go first".... "No, you go first.".... "No you"........
STP62353.jpg

I realised that the ramp was a bit too steep for them so made the incline a little less. They then both beat a hasty retreat !!
STP62357.jpg

They both headed for the stoney area, which I wasn't sure they would like but they crossed it to the other side. I hadn't got the water fountain on at the time but will see what they think of that the next time they are out.
STP62358.jpg

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Really nice enclosure! I am sure Herman and Esme are very happy you did that for them :).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's great, Jackie! You did good.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is a great outdoor enclosure. Very nice. Funny, I assume that same summer position an awful lot around my tortoises too.

RascalDesertTort

5 Year Member
AZ
I absolutely LOVE this! I've been on the searching for the right table top fountain that I can turn into Rascals water dish too!

rwfoss

5 Year Member
Jackie, that is BEAUTIFUL!! Happy torts, for sure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.