Herman moves in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I recently got a call from one of our members who needed help to rehome her 4 yr old Sulcata. She wanted it to go to a home in the South but she couldn't seem to get him down there. So she asked me for help and I misunderstood the size of this tort and figured if I couldn't get him down South right away I could just keep him until I went down to see my sis. So we made arrangements to meet halfway between us in a truck stop just off I 5. But what I thought was a 5" tort was a 9" tort. 5 and 9 sound the same on the phone. So this is a large beautiful tortoise. And no, I don't really have room for him. So I moved Fat Nat to a smaller habitat and moved Queenie into Fat Nat's habitat and let Herman have Queenies tort table and he is almost too big for it. The table is 9'X3' and this guy is almost too big! But here are some pictures I thought you all might enjoy. I let him meet up with Bob to see how they would care for each other.

Here is where they met for the first time...

6fwg0z.jpg

So Bob sniffs him trying to decide just what Herman is, and right after I clicked the shutter Bob took a big bite from Herman's leg...

9a5pvm.jpg

So Herman says, Uh oh...I don't care for this monster...

1h71c4.jpg

So I'm outa here...

34ytegw.jpg

Just how cute was that butt going out the door! So this is what it looks like on the other side of the door...

4gt37b.jpg

He is just the prettiest tortoise...

10qzdj8.jpg

So here is Bob's empty pool and the side is too high for Herman, look at his leg swinging trying to go backwards...

zmh11x.jpg

So while he was outside he decided to eat some clover...

adbxa1.jpg

This is the second time they met up...I just love this picture, it really speaks...

mrfjmu.jpg

And shortly after that shot Bob again bit Herman's leg. So I cleaned out a part of the yard blocked off by Bob's fence and Herman has his own place outside, he doesn't ever have to meet that big mean tortoise again...and Bob is resting after a long day of intimidation...

wbw7cj.jpg

Herman is alright here and is settling down some. He is just a young tortoise who was full of anxiety at moving. He is getting better and he is eating, but I could tell he was really unhappy for quite a while. I hope we can get him a forever home soon as he deserves a nice place to live. He is beautiful with a great personality and he'd be a joy to someone...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
He's a good lookin' boy that's for sure. I'll ask around.

M

Maggie Cummings

I'm sorry, I got my adoptions screwed up. Herman is only 3 years old, not 4. He just rammed my hand when I went to close his house just now. He's pretty aggressive for such a young tortoise

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Very nice looking tortoise, wish we had room for one that big right now. Bob looks so satisfied in that last pic like he successfully kicked out Herman. Hope you are able to find him a good home quickly.

B

byerssusan

I would love to have him. But we live too far apart for me to come get him. Beautiful Tortoise though.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Herman is a very good looking tortie! I hope he finds a good forever home! So nice of you Maggie to care for him until then!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Maggie I love the last pic....Bob looks like he is saying " kick rocks little man, kick rocks".....:D

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Good-looking Herman! I sure hope Bob and Herman will get along someday! Look at Bob's attitude, with his head up high in that last pic. AWW lol

M

Maggie Cummings

Herman is up for adoption, I am not going to keep him...I don't have the room and Bob won't share...

Status
Not open for further replies.